Ivy Honors and IUPUI Liberal Arts Honors Fast Track
IvyHonors students intending to major in a Liberal Arts program at IUPUI may simultaneously apply for admission to IUPUI and to the Liberal Arts Honors Program during their final semester at Ivy Tech. After declaring a Liberal Arts major and successfully completing their first full-time semester at IUPUI with up to six honors credits, the student can be fully admitted to the Liberal Arts Honors Program!
Upon acceptance to IUPUI’s Liberal Arts Honors Program, students can take full advantage of resources provided by IUPUI Honors College, including full access to the honors student lounge and study areas located on the lower level of the University Library. In addition, students may work with Honors Advisors as well as their Liberal Arts advisor!
- Complete an Ivy Tech associate’s degree and the IvyHonors Program requirements.
- Earn admission to IUPUI, with a liberal arts major declared by July 1.
- Meet IUPUI’s Liberal Arts Honors Program admission criteria:
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher from Ivy Tech
- Submit an essay addressing the benefits of graduating with honors from IUPUI in a liberal arts discipline
- Submit a letter of recommendation from one of your IvyHonors faculty.
- Enroll in a full semester of coursework at IUPUI (12 credit hours or more), with no more than 6 courses that count for honors credit.
- To graduate from the School of Liberal Arts Honors Program, students are required to complete 24 hours of honors credits at IUPUI, specifically:
- Enroll in and earn a minimum of 1 honors course each fall and spring semester (summer enrollment is optional);
- Earn 24 hours of honors credit at IUPUI through honors-designated courses or courses in which honors contracts have been approved;
- Complete at least 15 of the 24 hours of honors credit in IU School of Liberal Arts courses;
- Maintain an IU cumulative GPA of at least 3.3;
- Maintain full-time status (12 credit hours or more).
- While appropriate transfer credit will be awarded and applied to a IUPUI bachelor’s degree, honors hours completed at Ivy Tech will not fulfill any of the 24 honors hours required by the IUPUI Liberal Arts Honors Program.
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1:
- Ivy Tech transcript with GPA, degree completion, and IvyHonors completion indicated.
- 1-2 page essay on how completing the Liberal Arts Honors Program at IUPUI will benefit you.
- One letter of recommendation from an IvyHonors faculty member.