Transferring your financial aid

Transferring your financial aid to IUPUI from Ivy Tech

Whether you're planning to take out student loans, receiving grants, or have a private scholarship, You must take action to ensure all transferable aid is in place when you begin your studies at IUPUI.    

Contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 317-274-4162 or for help navigating the financial aid process.

Passport Financial Assistance Agreement (PFAA)

Starting fall 2016, students enrolled in 12-18 credit hours at IUPUI should consult with the IUPUI Office of Student Financial Services for financial aid eligibility. If you wish to use IUPUI financial aid to pay for Ivy Tech guest course(s), you must complete a Passport Financial Assistance Agreement (PFAA).

After you have enrolled in the course(s) at Ivy Tech, the student must submit the Passport Financial Assistance Agreement directly to Ivy Tech’s Express Enrollment Services. 

Once the Passport Financial Assistance Agreement is processed, IUPUI students with remaining aid will receive a refund from IUPUI. Students should then use this refund to pay Ivy Tech directly.

Cancel your financial aid disbursements

Cancel future financial aid disbursements at Ivy Tech to ensure there will be no delay in aid availability at IUPUI.  This includes Federal Direct Stafford loans, PLUS loans, and Private loans.  Failure to cancel future disbursements at your prior school will delay your receipt of the aid at IUPUI since a student may not receive aid at two schools at the same time.

IUPUI will automatically consider you for Federal and state grant programs as well as the Federal Direct Stafford loan program based on your FAFSA information but cannot credit aid to your account if it still shows as processed at your prior school. 

You may re-apply for the Federal Direct PLUS loan and any private loan (through the lender of your choice) for which you would like to be considered.

Child of Disabled Veteran and Public Safety Officer Supplemental Grant Program (State of Indiana CVO Program)

CVO eligible students must have a FAFSA on file at IUPUI and have the Indiana Department of Veteran Affairs (IDVA) CVO designation in the Indiana Commission of Higher Education’s   ScholarTrack application as well as credit hours of eligibility remaining in order for IUPUI to process CVO on the student’s behalf.

Private scholarship recipients

Private Scholarship recipients must contact the scholarship donor to see if any remaining balance can be transferred to IUPUI. Please note that not all private scholarships are transferable.

Contact the IUPUI Office of Student Scholarships at 317-274-5516 or for assistance.